Diploma in Hospitality Operations
The Diploma in Hospitality Operations requires students to undergo a spectrum of competency and skill-based training, covering the operational aspects of the hospitality and food and beverage trade.
Delivery will be focused toward instructional and practical exercises – more “hands on” learning so that students get to do more, rather than listening and absorbing facts and figures. Theoretical concepts will still be taught to provide basic knowledge of the hospitality industry. The theory/practical blend is around 30:70.
The course is structured with the primary learning objective of developing students to become practical, competent, and functioning practitioners in the international hospitality and tourism sector.
Full Time: 6 Months
Part Time: 9 Months
Industrial Attachment: 6 Months
- FBK101 Food and Beverage Knowledge – FT (45 Hrs) / PT (40 Hrs)
- FBO102 Food and Beverage Operations – FT (45 Hrs) / PT (40 Hrs)
- FHO103 Front Office and Housekeeping Operations – FT (45 Hrs) / PT (40 Hrs)
- FBL104 Food, Beverage, and Labour Cost Control – FT (45 Hrs) / PT (40 Hrs)
- MEC105 Marketing and Hospitality Events Catering – FT (45 Hrs) / PT (40 Hrs)
- PIA109 Industrial Attachment – 6 Months
- Principles of Communication – FT (45 Hrs) / PT (40 Hrs)
Attained IELTS 5.0, or pass SDH’s English Proficiency Test (Intermediate Level)
Application Fee: S$ 214
Course Fee: S$ 6,100